Ration card service: 4.39 crore ration cards canceled by the government
The Food and Public Distribution Department has canceled 4.39 crore fake ration cards since 2013 to identify eligible beneficiaries under NFSA. Instead of canceled ration cards, regular and new ration cards were issued to eligible and eligible beneficiaries or families. A number of steps have been taken to bring transparency and efficiency to its operations as part of a targeted campaign to modernize and improve the technology-supported PDS nationwide public distribution system (PDS).
Identification of beneficiaries/households under the National Food Security Act, 2013 (NFSA) and issuance of Antodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) and Priority Household (PHH) ration cards is dealt by the respective State Government / UT Administration.
To apply for a new ration card or to know the procedure of application, kindly visit the respective State/UT Food Portals by clicking here. This led to the cancellation of ration card
After digitizing the ration card and beneficiary database, linking it with Aadhaar, identifying inappropriate or fake ration cards, preventing duplication of digitized data and identifying cases of beneficiaries going elsewhere or dying, states and The governments of the union territories spent a total of Rs. The ration card has been canceled.
Steps taken for proper identification of beneficiaries
Also NFSA coverage by the respective state or union territories, the relevant quota issued for NFSA. Used regularly for ‘proper identification’ of beneficiaries. Work is underway to issue new ration cards to eligible beneficiaries or families. This work is being done within the relevant limits of coverage prescribed for each state or union territory under the Act.
News Report : Clik Here
In particular, under the NFSA, TPDS 81.35 crore people are being provided food grains at very low prices. According to the 2011 census, two-thirds of the countrys population is people. At present, more than 80 crore people in the country are being provided food grains (rice, wheat and other coarse grains) under NFSA at affordable rates of Rs 1, Rs 2 and Rs 3 per kg announced by the Center.
What is Ration Card
Ration Card is a government approved document which helps you in purchasing items such as food, grains, kerosene, etc. at subsidised rates. Ration card has been extremely helpful to those who are not so financially well off or belong to below poverty line (BPL) group and would find it difficult to purchase food items. Apart from that, a ration card also acts as a proof of identity and address and can be used for purposes such as applying for a domicile certificate, voter ID, etc.Types of Ration Card
There are two types of Ration Card:
- White Ration Card: You can apply for a white ration card if you are above the poverty line. The white color indicates that you are a citizen of India who is above the poverty line.
- Blue/Red/Green/Yellow Ration Card: These types of ration cards are given to those who are below the poverty line. This ration card helps them in purchasing food items at subsidised rates.
- List of Official Department of Food, Supplies and Consumer Affairs (PDS Portal)
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for a Ration Card
- There are certain eligibility criteria you will have to fulfil if you wish to apply for a ration card:
- There is no person who has applied for a ration card on your behalf
- No member of your family has applied for a ration card
- Should be a citizen of India
- List of Documents Required to Apply for Ration Card
- State Application form
- Identify proof (Election Id, Driving License, Passport, Government Id Card)
- Residence proof (Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill, LPG Receipt, Bank Passbook, Rental Agreement)
- Photograph of the head of the family
- Annual income of the applicant
- Cancelled/surrendered ration card if any
How to Apply for a Ration card
- There are various ways through which you can apply for a ration card:Online
- You can visit the official website of Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department of the state in which you reside. You can apply by providing the required documents and filling the application form. You can then submit the form post which a representative from the department will get in touch with you and assist you with the process. If all the documents submitted by you is correct, then the ration card will be sent to your communication address.
- There are various third-party websites who assist you by helping you fill the application form and uploading the necessary documents. You can visit the website and once you submit the form and upload the required documents you can then expect to receive the ration cardOffline
- There is a format according to which you can send an SMS to the food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department of the state in which you reside. You will then receive a message instructing you to follow the procedure to apply for a ration card. You can find the details of the process on the official website of your state government.
- You can also find the toll-free number or the customer care number on the state government website which you can use to know the process you will have to follow in order to apply for a ration card.
- You can also visit the Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department of the state in which you reside along with all the necessary documents and apply for a ration card by submitting the application form and all the necessary documents.
How to Check Ration Card Application status
- You can check the status of your ration card by visiting the official website of Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department of the state
- Generally, under E-services on the website, you will find the option of checking the status of your ration card application status
- Either you will be shown a list which will contain the names of the people who have recently applied for a ration card and the status, or you will have to enter your credentials and log in. Once you have logged in, you will be able to check the application status of your ration card
How to Download and Print your Ration Card online
Once your ration card application has been approved you can download the ration card and print it for future use. You can use your credentials to log in to the portal on the government website and check the status of your ration card application. Once it has been approved, you will find the option of downloading or printing the ration card. The printed version of the ration card will contain all the necessary details and you can use it to purchase food items for yourself at subsidised rates.