Aatmanirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge launched by PM: How to apply Eligibility, selection, prizes,
PM Narendra Modi launched the Aatmanirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge on Saturday to boost the creation of new apps that can help with the demands in India.
MeitY in partnership with Atal Innovation Mission – Niti Aayog launches Digital India AatmaNirbhar Bharat Innovate Challenge to spot the simplest Indian Apps that are already getting used by citizens and have the potential to scale and become world class Apps in their respective categories. This Innovation Challenge with various cash awards and incentives of featuring Apps on Leader Boards seeks to make an ecosystem where Indian entrepreneurs and Startups are incentivised to ideate, incubate, build, nurture and sustain Tech solutions which will serve not only citizens within India but also the planet.
The Mantra is to form in India for India and therefore the World.
The AatmaNirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge is being launched within the following 8 broad categories:
- Office Productivity & Work from Home
- Social Networking
- Health & Wellness
- Business including Agritech and Fintech
There could also be several sub categories within each category.
App Innovation Challenge: Categories of apps
- The last date of submission of entries is July 18, 2020.
INDICATIVE LIST OF SUB CATEGORIES AND PROBLEM STATEMENTS
A mobile application harnessing the foremost accurate facial and / or body mapping technology to permit for a true-to-life virtual try of products like spectacles, clothes, etc.
Mobile application for real-time speech-to-speech translation and camera translation of multiple languages.
- A robust indigenous anti-virus software for mobile devices.
- Application to optimize mobile device’s performance by cleaning junk/cache files, optimizing device memory and optimizing battery usage.
- A mobile based live streaming platform for hosting webinars, lectures, etc.
- A mobile based messaging and video calling application
- A mobile based microblogging application
- A mobile based news application that uses cutting-edge technology to recommend the foremost relevant and interesting news individually to every use.
- A mobile application offering satellite imagery and street maps, also as functions like a route planner for traveling by foot, car, or with public transportation.
A mobile based online gaming platform which also functions as a social hub for gamersA mobile based photo-editing application with all standard image editing features
Only Indian entrepreneurs and start-ups are going to be eligible to submit their entries in various categories
INNOVATION CHALLENGE PROCESS
- The Innovation Challenge are going to be available on innovate.mygov.in
- The last date of submission of entry is 18th July 2020
- The applicant must apply only online to submit their proposals by registering and logging on MyGov portal: www.mygov.in
- Applicants are advised to supply self-contained proposals with essential supporting materials provided as uploads for an informed and fair evaluation/review.
- No changes are going to be accepted once proposals are submitted.
- Providing misinformation will cause outright rejection of proposals.
Prizes for the app innovation challenge
Following awards will be given in each of the eight main categories of apps:
- First Prize: 20 Lakhs
- Second Prize: 15 Lakhs
- Third Prize: 10 Lakhs
For the purposes of evaluation, the jury may create subcategories in each category and then apps will be classified into respective subcategories, based on functionality and evaluated.
In case sub-categories are created, the prize money for each subcategory within each category will be as below:
- First Prize: 5 Lakhs
- Second Prize: 3 Lakhs
- Third Prize: 2 Lakhs
- Ease of use
- Security features
Selection process for AatmaNirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge
There will be a two-stage selection process:
- 1st Stage – Screening of eligible entries
- 2nd Stage – Evaluation by jury, with actual demo
- Jury with experts from private sector and academia to evaluate
- Shortlisted apps to be awarded and put on leader boards
- Government to adopt suitable apps, guide them to maturity
Factors on which entries will be evaluated
- Ease of use
- Security features